- A cat
- A kitten
- A dog
- A Bulldog
- A Chihuahua dog /tʃɪˈwɑːwə/
- A papillon /ˈpapɪlɒn/
- A greyhound /ˈɡreɪhaʊnd/
- A Great Dane /deɪn
- A Husky /ˈhʌski/
- A Poodle /ˈpuːdl/
- A puppy /ˈpʌpi/
- Angel fish
- Goldfish /ˈɡəʊldfɪʃ/
- Fighting /ˈfaɪtɪŋ/ fish
- Koi fish
- A mouse /maʊs/
- A parrot /ˈpærət/
- A canary /kəˈneri/
- An eagle /ˈiːɡl/
- Parakeet /ˈpærəkiːt/
- A sparrow /ˈspærəʊ/
- A finch /fɪntʃ/
- A pigeon /ˈpɪdʒɪn/
- A horse /hɔːrs/
- A rabbit /ˈræbɪt/
- Turtle /ˈtɜːrtl/
- Tortoise /ˈtɔːrtəs/
- A domestic /dəˈmestɪk/ pig
- A donkey /ˈdɑːŋki/
- A lizard /ˈlɪzərd/
- A raccoon /ræˈkuːn/
- A hedgehog /ˈhedʒhɔːɡ/
- A frog /frɑːɡ/
- A squirrel /ˈskwɜːrəl/
- A gecko /ˈɡekəʊ/
- Iguana /ɪˈɡwɑːnə/
- Chameleon /kəˈmiːliən/
- Bearded /ˈbɪrdɪd/ dragon /ˈdræɡən/
- A snake /sneɪk/
- A python /ˈpaɪθɑːn/
- A monkey /ˈmʌŋki/
- to take care of
2. to feed
3. to allow /əˈlaʊ/
4. to consider Ving
I consider buying a new swimming suit for this summer vacation
5. pros and cons = advantages and disadvantages
6. to grow up
7. Feathers (noun) /ˈfeðər/
8. Fur (noun) /fɜːr/
10. Aggressive /əˈɡresɪv/ = fierce /fɪəs/ (adjective)
I think I don’t like Bulldogs because they look aggressive
11. A fish tank /tæŋk/
12. to cuddle /ˈkʌdl/
13. to bark
Warm up questions:
- Do you have a pet? (yes/ no)
- How old is it? ( 1 year/ 2 years/ 3 months/ 6 months...)
- Where did you get it from? (a gift from one of your friends/ you bought it from a pet shop...)
- Who takes care of it? (you/ your mother/ your brother/ everyone in your family...)
- What does it look like (its color/ big or small? etc.)?
- What do you feed it? (food like rice/ nuts/ veggies...)
- Do you play with it? (yes/ no, how often...)
- What is it's name?
- If you don't have a pet, why not? (Because my parents don’t allow...or you don’t have time to take care of the pet or ...?)
- Would you ever consider getting a pet? (Yes/ no and why)
- Did you grow up with pets in your home? (Yes/ no)
- What are the pros and cons of keeping a pet? (advantages and disadvantages)
- What is the best pet to have? (a dog/ a cat/ a rabbit...)
I have a small dog, it’s about 4 or 5 years old and it’s name is Na. I had it from my parents. I often take care of it but sometimes I’m busy with my studies or work, my parents help me take care of it.
I usually feed my dog with rice, meat and dog food that I buy from supermarkets or pet shops near my home in town. My dog is very cute, smart and I love to cuddle it because the furs are black, very soft and smooth.
I play with my dog every day and often take it to the beach or the park, whenever I arrive home from school or work, it’s very happy. It often barks when it sees the strangers.
Talking about pets!
Breed /briːd/ = type = kind = sort
What kind/ breed of dog do you have?
I have a poodle
Street/ stray dogs
Adorable (adjective) lovely and cute
Allergic (adjective) /əˈlɜːrdʒɪk/ - Allergy (noun) /ˈælərdʒi/
I’m allergic to pets
Bite (verb) - bit - bitten
A food bowl (noun)
A cage (noun) /keɪdʒ/
A collar (noun) /ˈkɑːlər/
Kennel /ˈkenl/ (noun)
Ride: (verb) - rode - ridden /ˈrɪdn/
To ride a horse/ an elephant
Tail (noun) /teɪl/
Treats: Special food for an animal. (noun)
Take the dog for a walk: (verb)
To sting - stung - stung
A bullfight /ˈbʊlfaɪt/
- I like chicken (I like to eat chicken)
I like chickens (I like chickens because they are cute)
2. I like dog
I like dogs
- Amy: Hi Angel. How are you doing?
- Angel: Hey. I’m fine. How about you?
- Amy: I feel great.
- Angel: Amy, Amy, do you have any pets?
- Amy: Yes. I have a dog.
- Angel: Is it a male or female dog?
- Amy: It’s a male dog
- Angel: What kind of dog is it?
- Amy: It’s a poodle
- Angel: Wow, cool. Wow, cool. What’s his name?
- Amy: His name is Jack
- Angel: What a nice name, I like it. What a nice name, I like it. How old is he?
- Amy: He’s about 4 years old.
- Angel: What does he look like?
- Amy: He looks quite big, but very friendly, cute and clever. His fur is black and very soft, I love to cuddle him a lot. I really love him because whenever I come home, he always wag his tail and bark happily.
- Angel: Who takes care of him?
- Amy:Of course, it’s me. But sometimes I’m busy with my studies/ work, my parents help me to take care of him.
- Angel:Awesome, Awesome, what kind of food do you often feed him?
- Amy:I often feed him rice, meat and dog food that I buy from the supermarket or pet shops near my house.
- Rufus: Hi Jerry. How are you?
- Jerry: Hey. I’m good. And you?
- Rufus: So so.
- Jerry: Rufus, Rufus, do you have any pets?
- Rufus: Nope. I don’t have any pets, but I love to have one.
- Jerry: What kind of pets do you like?
- Rufus: I think I like a rabbit.
- Jerry: Wow, great! Why do you a rabbit?
- Rufus: I like a rabbit because it looks very adorable, small and easy to feed it with veggies like carrots or cabbages…
- Jerry: Yeah, I think so.
- Rufus: How about you? How about you? Do you have any pets?
- Jerry: Well, I have a parrot.
- Rufus: Really? I love a parrot too. Is it a male or female parrot?
- Jerry: It’s a female parrot.
- Rufus: What’s her name?
- Jerry: Her name is Coco.
- Rufus: I love the name, it’s really funny. I love the name, it’s really funny. How old is she?
- Jerry: I’m not really, but I think she’s about 2 years old.
- Rufus: What does she look like?
- Jerry: She’s very beautiful. Her feathers are green, red, blue and yellow. She’s very clever and talkative. She can imitate everyone and talk some simple words like “hello” or call her name “Coco” and many other things…
- Rufus: Who takes care of her?
- Jerry:I usually take care of her and sometimes my older sister helps me too.
- Rufus:Awesome, Awesome, what kind of food do you often feed her?
- Jerry:I often feed her veggies/ vegetables, fruits and seeds.
- Rufus: Wow, it’s easy.
Practice more questions about pets:
- Have you ever bitten by a dog or stung by a bee?
- Are you afraid of mad dogs? What will you do if you are attacked by mad dogs?
- What are some animals that live in your country?
- Are you afraid of snakes? What is the biggest snake you have seen? Are there any poisonous snakes in your country?
- Are you frightened of spiders? What do you do if you see one?
- Have you ever ridden a horse or an elephant?
- Are there birds or squirrels in your neighborhood?
- Do you know someone who owns an unusual pet? What is it?
- Is there any kind of meat you would not eat?
- Have you ever been to a zoo?
- Do you think people should buy and wear fur coats?
- Have you ever been to a farm? What animals did you see there?
- Have you ever eaten rabbit meat? Have you eaten octopus?
- What animals do you think are cute?
- What animals do you think are ugly?
- What is the largest animal you have ever seen?
- Why do some people not like pets?
- Do you consider yourself an animal lover?
- Do you ever talk to your pet? If so, what do you say?
- Do you prefer dogs or cats?
- Have you ever seen a bullfight?
- Have you ever seen a dog race?
- How much does it cost to keep your pet?
- What animal do you think is the funniest?
- What animal do you think is the strangest-looking?
- What animal would you like to be? (Which animal...?)
- What animals are symbols of your country?
- What animals are you afraid of? (...scared of?)
- What animals do you think is the most dangerous?
- What are some popular pets?
- What is a safari?Would you go on a safari?
- Do you know of any websites for people that want to keep animals as pets?How about websites for people who are against animal rights?
- What does AKC stand for?
Listen and answer these following questions:
Click on Video link