1. Would you like to be a celebrity ?
2. Have you ever seen a celebrity in person ?
3. Do you know anybody who has a celebrity in their family?
4. What are the advantages of being a celebrity?
5. What are the disadvantages of being a celebrity?
6. Do you think that celebrities have the right to privacy?
7. What do you think of paparazzi ?
8. Do you read gossip magazines ?
9. Do you watch gossip TV programs ?
10. Do you belong to any fun club ?
11. Who was your hero, when you were younger?
12. Which celebrity do you admire ? Why?
13. Which celebrity do you not like? Why?
14. Do you have to be beautiful to become a celebrity?
15. Do you have to be intelligent or talented to become a celebrity?
16. Are celebrities happy?
17. Which celebrity would you like to meet? What would you do if you could spend a day with this person?
18. Do you think it's moral to sell your private life to the media?
1. Who is your favourite celebrity in your country?
2. How do celebrities influence their fans in your country?
3. Do you like any foreign celebrities?
4. Would you like to be a celebrity? Why?
5. Do you think we should protect famous people’s privacy?
a famous person
I can’t see the match in person, all I can do is to watch it on TV.
The biggest advantage of living in the country is the silence.
The biggest disadvantage of living in a big city is the constant noise.
I couldn’t share a bedroom with somebody else. I need some privacy.
The actress took legal action against the paparazzi who once followed her even in the bathroom.
I never buy gossip magazines. Why should I care about the others’ lives?
gossip TV program
She keeps watching the same gossip TV program every evening and she always knows what’s happening in show business.
His teenage sister belongs to the fan club of Harry Potter and her room is all covered with posters of the movies and books.
Jack Nicholson is my hero. I’ve seen every movie that he acted in.
I really admire her for her courage and intelligence.
someone’s claim to fame
someone’s reason for being famous, well-known
Michael Jackson’s claim to fame was his great musical talent and dancing skills.
To be on top of the list (expression) to be the highest priority
To be a (big/huge/avid) fan of (expression) to admire SO
Claim to fame
Someone’s reason for being well-known or famous.
A person who is able to adapt or be adapted to many different functions or activities, mostly different roles they perform.
Someone who is attractive in an exciting and special way.
A one trick pony:
A celebrity can be called ‘ A one trick pony’ when they are skilled only in one kind of genre.
If something or someone is overrated, that person or thing is considered to be better or more important than they really are.
A celebrity who is unpleasantly proud and behaving as if you are more important than, or know more than, other people.
It is a form of praise or an award given to a celebrity for the brilliant work put in by them over the years.
Glowing tributes :
Praising with enthusiasm received from the critics and audiences for the performance.
Big break :
A celebrity who has a significant good fortune or opportunity to showcase their talent.
Victim of their own success:
To have problems because of your success, as success gets into ones head their attitude towards others changes, they become arrogant and start to think as if they are only one on the planet with the skill and talent.
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét