The Best Homestay In Phan Thiet
I/ How's the weather today?
1. How's the weather in Spring?
2. How's the weather in Summer?
3. How's the weather in Fall (= Autumn)?
4. How's the weather in Winter?
II/ What's the weather like?
1/ it’s hot /hɑːt/
2/ it’s cool /kuːl/
3/ it’s warm /wɔːrm/
4/ it’s stormy /ˈstɔːrmi/
5/ it’s cold /koʊld/
6/ it’s cloudy /ˈklaʊdi/
7/ it’s rainy /ˈreɪni/
8/ it’s windy /ˈwɪndi/
9/ it’s snowy /ˈsnoʊi/
10/ it’s foggy /ˈfɑːɡi/
11/ it’s sunny /ˈsʌni/
12/ it's wet /wet/ = humid /ˈhjuːmɪd/
13/ it's floody /flʌd/
14/ it's smoky /ˈsmoʊki/
15/ Dry /draɪ/
16/ it's polluted
1. What’s the weather like in Spring?
2. What’s the weather like in Summer?
3. What’s the weather like in Fall?
4. What’s the weather like in Winter?
5. Have you ever been to...
6. What is the weather like in Phan Thiet?
7. Have you ever been to...
What's the weather like? How's the weather?
The weather is nice today. The weather is good today. The weather is awful today.
It's warm today. It's hot today. It's cold today. It is cold and windy. It's getting colder.
The wind is blowing. The wind was cold and strong. A strong wind was blowing.
It's humid. It's hot and humid. It's cloudy, but there's no rain. Maybe it will rain at night.
It looks like rain. It's going to rain.
It's raining. It's raining hard. It's snowing. It's snowing hard.
More advanced practice:
Describe a type of weather you like
You should say:
what kind of weather it is
when this weather usually occurs
what you usually do during this weather
And explain why you like this type of weather
1. What's the weather like in your hometown/ country?
2. Does the weather affect your mood?
3. Do you like rainy/ sunny days?
4. What's your favorite season?
5. Do you like winters/ summers?
6. How many seasons does your country have?
7. What do you usually do in sunny/ rainy season?
Pretty (adv) = quite = rather
It's pretty/ quite/ rather hot in my hometown during sunny season.
Do you like summers?
It's never boiling hot in the summer and freezing cold in the winter.
To put me in good/ bad mood
Sunny days put me in a good mood.
Rainy days really put me in a bad mood.
Springtime/ Summertime/ Falltime/ Wintertime
Everything comes back to life and blossom.
In my opinion
In my opinion, during cold and rainy days people are more depressed and irritated.
Depressed (adj) = stressed
Irritated (adj) = easy to get angry
It's getting warmer and warmer in Spring
It's getting hotter and hotter in Summer
It's getting cooler and cooler in Fall
It's getting colder and colder in Winter
It's raining cats and dogs = Heavy rain
Predictable (adj) # Unpredictable (adj)